21 weeks (already?!)

Dec 4, 2014

**we had to skip a few weeks to help me keep the gender a secret until our reveal on thanksgiving!! 


Kyle and I were laying in bed last night, our little baby boy being particularly rowdy practicing his flips, rolls and dives in my belly. "You know, the nursery is really far. I don't know if he should sleep in there all alone" I said. (The nursery is directly next to our bedroom, maybe 4 steps away from where I sleep). "Okay," Kyle said, "well he's going to sleep in here when we first bring him home anyway".


"Well obviously, but I mean like, I don't know if he should sleep in his own room like ever, maybe we should just knock the wall down and make it one big room and we can all share it" I answered. Kyle didn't have much else to add to that conversation. 

Needless to say I'm getting pretty comfortable with baby boy in my belly. He's nice and close, where I can keep him safe, and he's so warm and cozy in there, and I think he likes listening to my voice all day. I'm okay with him coming out of me, but I think I might take "attachment parenting" to a whole new level. I mean, the kid can fit in one of those ergobaby carriers until he's like 4 right? And maybe I can home school. And he definitely doesn't have to go away to college, right? Right????


I am so very in love with him already. I never thought I'd enjoy sharing my body with another tiny person so much, but honestly it's the most amazing experience ever. He is SO, SO very active. I love feeling his little kicks and jabs all day (and night). It's incredible how his little flutters have become these strong, defined movements- and it's still so early. Although, if he continues to gain strength at this pace I have a feeling his kicks and jabs will become less pleasant, especially when he kicks my bladder. I feel like we're buddies already, and the more I feel his movements the more I learn his "personality" and I absolutely love getting to know him. A few things I've learned about my son so far:


-He really likes when I eat puppy chow. LOTS of puppy chow (maybe I just tell myself this because I really, really like puppy chow). I suppose he could just be hopped up on sugar after the puppy chow, but for now I'm taking the excessive kicking as a "Eat another bag, mom!"
- Sam Smith. Again, the excessive kicking during my singing could be taken as "OMG make her stop singing it's so horrible", but I am going to take it as "Mom, your voice is awesome, play Not The Only One Again, and this time SING IT LOUDER!!!" 
- He likes to sleep on my left side, all rolled up in a little ball. It's absolutely adorable to feel him, but also very strange to actually feel/see a ball sticking out of the left side of my stomach.
-His daddy was talking to him with his face on my belly and used kind of an obnoxious silly voice and baby kicked Kyle in the ear. Totally something I would do, so I feel like we bonded over that.

How far along?  21 weeksTotal weight gain/loss: Still down, but were getting really close to breaking even! Maternity clothes? I love them and don't think I'll ever go back to normal people clothes. Ideally, I would not wear shirts/pants that cover my belly. I really feel like it needs to breathe and it's totally suffocated by clothing. If it were socially acceptable to wear crop tops while pregnant (apparently it's not...) I totally would. #freethebellyStretch marks? Not yet, hopefully not ever. Best moment this week: Movements becoming regular. It's really nice having constant reminders he's okay in there. 
Miss Anything? (still) Hot yoga and runny eggs. Movement: So much movement. He is supposed to be "asleep" 12-14 hours a day, but I don't think he stops moving enough for that to even be possible. The kid is a maniac.
Food cravings: I'm still in love with pizza and hot chocolate. But was there ever a time in my life when I wasn't in love with pizza and hot chocolate??
Anything making you queasy or sick: A little sick in the mornings again, but absolutely nothing to complain about.
Have you started to show yet: I've got a nice little bump for 21 weeks. My mom looked at me the other day and said "Oh god, you're going to be a WHALE!!!!" ....looking forward to that.
Labor Signs: No. But I think I got my first braxton hicks the other night while decorating the tree. Definitely my fault for not drinking enough water that day.
Belly Button in or out? My belly button is a scary place right now. Very stretched. It's actually just flat. Not a fan.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. Giddy and giggly even. Until I'm not. Then I cry a lot. Hormones, man. 

Looking forward to: Honestly, for the first time in this pregnancy I'm happy to be just where I am.
Gender: It's a boy!!!! We found out at our anatomy scan at 19 weeks. He was very cooperative this time and immediately showed us what we needed to see. We are so very happy (we didn't really have a preference to begin with). It's exciting to imagine all of the things our son will do and be! I am definitely excited to have a little mama's boy and maybe (if he wants to) a baseball player. Wedding rings on or off? Still on.

Favorite Development this week: I think the baby "startled" for the first time this week! Something woke Lola up and she was laying on my belly and barked. The baby punched/kicked right when she barked. It was fun to see that maybe baby is starting to react to the outside world. 

Hey! We're more than halfway there! xo. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs