It's time for the big debut....almost.

Jun 6, 2013

Since I decided to announce my passion for blogging on Facebook and begged told everyone to come read my wonderful, hilarious blog, I figured it should at least look somewhat presentable.  It turns out fancy-fying your blog is farrrr more time consuming than I anticipated.

"Wait, what happened to that fancy blog with your own domain name you had last night?" 

I moved my blog from Tumblr because they totally sold out and it's not the best platform for wordy posts anyways. I decided to go to Wordpress, I use it for work and figured, "eh, why not?". I got so excited about the big move I acted before I thought it through (oh my goodness- how very uncharacteristic of me..........) and bought a domain name through Wordpress. I didn't like Wordpress (at all). So naturally I wanted out right that second. 

"So,why didn't you just move your domain with you to Blogger..."

I tried! Apparently, there is a 60 day waiting period before you can transfer a domain name to a different host and we all know I have the patience of a 2 year old, so I cancelled it. Now I'm domain-less 90 days until I can buy it back (Oh, look how great that worked out, now I'm waiting 90 days instead of 60....GOOD JOB MARINA!). All because I got too excited and wanted to do everything at once yada, yada, yada.

So bare with me and hopefully I'll be able to buy my domain (again) before someone else does. Because, you know, mamamareenz is so popular someone is going to snatch it up as soon as it's available again!!! 

As for the tacky layout- my apologies, I forgot HTML (it's been some time since my myspace/xanga days) and it takes me approximately 3 years to write two lines of code. So, I'm working on that, too.

Good thing I'm a hoarder and still have this handy, dandy HTML book from freshman year of college! 

I pinky promise when I'm done this blog will be good looking and super fun to read. 

What did I learn from this experience?
You can (literally) tattoo "patience" on your body, but you still won't have any patience.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs