im feeling nostalgic, 90s babies join me.

Dec 19, 2012

it’s almost christmas, but it’s just not the same as it used to be. in honor of the holidays i felt like reminiscing. so i put together a list of my favorite childhood toys. is it weird that i remember chewing on 90% of the toys on this list? oral fixation much? any whoooo, hope this list makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

ALPHIE

image

My best friend Jennifer had one of these at her old house. I very clearly remember playing with it before I got yelled at and put in time out for unplugging the Christmas lights.

GOOEY LOUIE

image

My mom wouldn’t let my brother and i have this because she said it was “disgusting”. WHAT-EVER MOM, TALK TO THE HAND!!! my cousins had it though, so we played with it at their house.

DEAR DIARY

image

One of the many signs I had ADHD as a child was that I would constantly forget the password and never be bale to open my secret diary. I probably reset the stupid things more than I unlocked it with the pass code…so frustrating for a absent minded little girl.

FISHER PRICE KITCHENS:

image

It is important to note, I had a little tikes play kitchen (the one with the coffee pot), THIS one was Jennifer’s- this kitchen was also used as Cubbies- the most well thought out, successful, and long lived pretend restaurant ever run by 7-10 year olds. I believe a specialty was spaghetti and strawberry ice cream….

LISA FRANK ERASERS

image

Again, I really just remember always chewing on these, BUT they were pretty cool. Everyone had to have them and they were considered a TOP NOTCH party favor. If you were lucky, sometimes they would be scented. Also, they were never to be used for erasing.

FISHER PRICE ROLLER SKATES

image

These were dangerous. The wheels were too little, so every tiny rock was a death trap. I once pushed nicky when he had these one and he fell really hard. im sorry nicky….

BABY ALL GONE

image

THE CHERRIES SMELLED LIKE CHERRIES! This was an awesome doll. I wonder how the cherries disappeared…just kidding the really loud “click” gave it away… To add on to the things I ingested that I shouldn’t have, I bit a whole through the bottle and drank some of the “disappearing pink milk”. It tasted like poison…because it probably was.



PRETTY PRETTY PRINCESS

image

The official game of choice for any 4-9 girl’s birthday party.


CAT’S CRADLE



We spent hours upon upon hours playing with a piece of string….a $14.99 piece of string.


PUPPY SURPRISE



You opened up the dog’s stomach and out popped a surprise number of puppies. I had three, one of my friends got 5!! I was soooo jealous….


SCENTED STAMP MARKERS



puppy footprints that smelled like chocolate??? I THINK YES!


DOCTOR’S KIT

image

Please tell me I wasn’t the only one who would put the cast on and try to “trick” people into thinking I really broke my arm?


FASHION PLATES

image

I seriously thought this was what fashion designers did….until I went to fashion school.


HIT CLIPS



Because everyone wants to hear the same 30 seconds of their favorite song…over…and over…and over….


SKY DANCER



These things were awesome until you did it in the house and it hit the ceiling and the arm broke off and then the fun was over.


COOL MC DONALDS TOYS!

image

Remember you could dress them in different outfits?


SKIP IT

image

You would spend days getting the counter up to like a BAJILLION and then your little brother would want to try and erase the counter……and you’d have to start all over again!!!


CHARACTER UNDIES:

imageimage

Don’t act like you didn’t/don’t still wear them.


TIGER HANDHELD GAMES

image

The sound effects on these and the picture quality was unreal…


MY SIZE BARBIE

image

The best way to scare the crap out of a little girl when she wakes up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night at a slumber party…nooo of course that didn’t happen to me….(may or may not have peed my pants).


REPTAR



REPTARRRRRR!!!!!!!


GAK

image

Gak was banned along with silly putty in my house after i got a whole jar of it stuck on a couch cushion and thought i’d be sneaky and just flip the cushion over. needless to say, i got caught.


STRETCH ARMSTRONG

image

definitely chewed on this, too.


TAMAGOTCHI

image

Remember racing home from school to make sure your mom had cleaned up his poop while you were gone?? because if she forgot it would die and he was like 3 days old!!!!


MY FIRST CELLPHONE….

image

It had snake. Which is still hands down, the BEST phone game EVER.

What toys were your favorite??

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs